Requirement: Whova and Zoom
To get the best experience possible for NetSoft 2021, the organizer has selected the following platform:
- Whova: is an Event Management System (EMS), will allow a continuous exchange between participants, organizers, and speakers despite the different Time Zones that NetSoft 2021 Conference covers. Whova allows you to :
- View the event agenda and plan your schedule
- Access Livestreams and Videos directly within sessions and utilize the session Q&A
- Set up Virtual meet-ups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
- Receive updates such as last-minute session change from the organizers
- Zoom: video conferencing platform in order to participate in the Virtual Conference. Zoom sessions could be joined via web browsers and it can be embedded in Whova. However, we recommend you to install the desktop application.
- Access the Whova Web-app using Chrome web-browser, to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Update your Whova profile to engage fully with the conference and network with other attendees.
- Download the Zoom stand alone client, while Whova has Zoom integrated into its platform you may require the Zoom stand-alone client for some advanced features.
How it works
As a participant to the NetSoft 2021 conference, either as a presenter or an attender, you will receive by June 14, notifications via Whova inviting you to download the Whova Mobile Application available on both IOS/Android and to complete your profile. If you are a presenter, you have to fill your profile with a Biography as it will help the session chair to introduce you as a speaker. It is important to use the same email address provided when you registered to the NetSoft 2021 conference using Cvent.
FINDING YOUR SESSION
In order to access the session, you need to have a Whova account.
- Connect to the Web App.
- Go to the Whova Program page and click on View Session for the session type you are interested in (e.g. Keynotes, Technical Sessions, etc.), the program page can also be accessed from the main menu of the NetSoft 2021 website, you can also add a session to your calendar.
- Click on View Live Stream to access the Zoom Meeting. Each parallel session will have a single Zoom link.
See also further notifications & instructions available on the website depending on your profile and registration type.
NetSoft 2021 BREAK ROOM
In addition to the regular technical program sessions, the organizers have set-up a virtual space in Gather.town a.k.a NetSoft 2021 break room to foster social interactions and mimic the experience of an on-site event (cf. screenshot below).
The virtual space is accessible through Whova. The map of the NetSoft 2021 break room is indicated below. There is a main big room and a secret room you have to find.
Conversation carpets are private spaces which allow you to discuss the paper together with participants and this without interruption from other participants walking by. Your audio/video and even your screen can be shared with participants seated on the private space but not with neighboring spaces.
Any document can be viewed by pressing ‘x’ on each poster and you can leave the sharing by clicking on the top / right button ‘X’ or the Escape key.
The virtual space will be open for the whole duration of the conference.
In order to access the virtual space, participants have to create an avatar. Interactions in Gather.town are intuitive and self-explicit, and we encourage users to discover the platform and familiarize themselves with it in advance of the event.