Requirement: Whova and Zoom
To get the best experience possible for NetSoft 2021, the organizer has selected the following platform:
- Whova: is an Event Management System (EMS), will allow a continuous exchange between participants, organizers, and speakers despite the different Time Zones that NetSoft 2021 Conference covers. Whova allows you to :
- View the event agenda and plan your schedule
- Access Livestreams and Videos directly within sessions and utilize the session Q&A
- Set up Virtual meet-ups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
- Receive updates such as last-minute session change from the organizers
- Zoom: video conferencing platform in order to participate in the Virtual Conference. Zoom sessions could be joined via web browsers and it can be embedded in Whova. However, we recommend you to install the desktop application.
- Access the Whova Web-app using Chrome web-browser, to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Update your Whova profile to engage fully with the conference and network with other attendees.
- Download the Zoom stand alone client, while Whova has Zoom integrated into its platform you may require the Zoom stand-alone client for some advanced features.
How it works
As a participant to the NetSoft 2021 conference, either as a presenter or an attender, you will receive by June 14, notifications via Whova inviting you to download the Whova Mobile Application available on both IOS/Android and to complete your profile. If you are a presenter, you have to fill your profile with a Biography as it will help the session chair to introduce you as a speaker. It is important to use the same email address provided when you registered to the NetSoft 2021 conference using Cvent.
FINDING YOUR SESSION
In order to access the session, you need to have a Whova account.
- Connect to the Web App.
- Go to the Whova Program page and click on View Session for the session type you are interested in (e.g. Keynotes, Technical Sessions, etc.), the program page can also be accessed from the main menu of the NetSoft 2021 website, you can also add a session to your calendar.
- Click on View Live Stream to access the Zoom Meeting. Each parallel session will have a single Zoom link.
See also further notifications & instructions available on the website depending on your profile and registration type.
NetSoft 2021 BREAK ROOM
The organizers have set-up a virtual space in Gather.town a.k.a netsoft 2021 to foster social interactions and mimic the experience of an on-site event (cf. screenshot below).
The virtual space is accessible through Whova. The map of the NetSoft2021 break room is indicated below. In the break room, the following spaces are included:
- A main big room (Patrons/technical co-sponsor booths, 10 table sets)
- Two talk rooms A and B (w/ 9 table sets)
- Two virtual social rooms (Japanese Culture room and Virtual Tour in Tokyo room)
- A garden (Please find Japanese Lanterns for additional sightseeing information)
- A Game room (Sudoku, Battle Tetris, Crossword puzzle, Poker, etc.)
- A secret room you have to find.
Please press x near some objects to interact with Video, Website, etc.